Friday, September 24, 2010

Farmer's Market Finds


For today we have Farmer's Market Stir Fry. Take whatever you got at the farmer's market and throw it in the pan. I used zucchini, eggplant, okra and tomatoes. Honestly, the eggplant wasn't worth the effort. I roasted the eggplant in the oven first. I think it would have been just fine without the eggplant but it's always good to try new things. When cooking, season however you want. Sprinkle the stir-fry with some parmigiano reggiano or just parmesan cheese at the table.

We also got farm fresh eggs at the farmer's market. My daughter never eats eggs but when she saw the brown farm eggs, she was intrigued so she was eager to try them. I made into an omelet with Harvarti cheese. She loved it! Hooray! One more healthy food she will eat! This is our first time buying farm fresh eggs. I think we'll need to keep buying them.

Next week we'll make caramel corn from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment