Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cream Dried Beef on Toast

I've decided that everything tastes better with freshly milled flour - even the toast I cover with cream dried beef.  I grew up eating cream dried beef on toasted white bread and I always liked it but the white bread certainly wasn't contributing to the taste or nutrition.  When you use homemade bread, it takes it to a new level.  To make mine, I use the white sauce recipe on the corn starch box however I omit the salt due to the salt in the dried beef.  I accidentally forgot the butter today and didn't miss it so I will just add a small amount of butter next time - the recipe calls for way more than what is needed.  The beef and bread give it enough flavor already.  I use dried beef cut fresh from the deli when I can but you can buy prepackaged dried beef if you want to keep it on hand for a quick meal.  Make sure you break up the dried beef into bite sized pieces before starting your cream sauce since you need to stir the sauce constantly.  Then you can mix in the dried beef at the end.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment