Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kringla for Santa

In our family, we leave kringla for Santa.  Kringla is a Scandinavian cookie thing that I just can't make myself like.  My husband makes it with white processed flour.  We tried the freshly milled flour and they tasted better but the consistency was strange so, for Christmas, he just went with the white flour.  The kids seem to love them.  For the calories, I would rather eat a homemade roll for both the taste and the nutrition.  That's my rule:  if I don't love to eat something and it has no nutritional value, I don't bother.  Since I can't give a positive review for kringla, my main reason for posting is to show you the funny shaped kringla the kids made for Santa.


That is 2 very odd shaped kringla that happened to make a mouth and pipe.

Here are the ones my husband made:


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and will have a fantastic 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment