Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Love Trader Joe's

I went to our new Trader Joe's for the first time today and it was marvelous.  I had no idea what I was looking for and, like the other shoppers, just wandered around the store, looking for anything that I thought I couldn't live without.  The staff was very helpful in answering my questions and seemed to really know what they were talking about.

Things I bought that I love:

Sweet Potato Bisque - this so delicious that I must go back and buy more!
Vanilla Greek Style Yogurt - put a dollop of this on the bisque and it is wonderful
Corn Puffs (like Pirate's Booty)
Pepitas - these are shelled pumpkin seeds - I got them because they are high in magnesium - they are rather tasty

They also have ABC cinnamon  crackers that I thought would be perfect for the classroom school snack however they were manufactured in a facility that also manufactures peanuts so that wasn't an option plus they were sold out.  I have tried these crackers though and they are really good so we will eat them at home. 

Healthy classroom snacks are proving to be a challenge but I did get a few ideas today - the corn puffs would work and they also have just regular popcorn in a big bag. Both of these are peanut-free AND they are reasonably priced.

If you have been to Trader Joe's, please post what wonderful things you have found that I must try.

1 comment:

  1. They have a great cheese selection, and also I have tried their dark pumpernickel bread, its excellent!

    ReplyDelete