Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is my favorite cake - banana cake with penuche frosting.  It has special memories for me.  I remember my grandma making this cake a lot so I think of her whenever I bake it especially since I use her cake pan with all its dents and scratches.  The pan must be 50 years old but it is still my favorite.  Once my cousin, Michael and I tried making this cake at his house.  I don't remember how it turned out but we had a ball trying to figure it out, including how to spell penuche so we could find the recipe.  This is now my daughter's favorite cake and I love being able to share the memories and make some new ones.  A few years ago, she wanted a banana cake for her birthday but she wanted it to be an actual banana shaped cake because that's what she thought a banana cake was so we made a banana shaped banana cake with penuche frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment