Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Valentine Box

My son, Sam,  is in first grade and their assignment for the Valentine's Day party is to decorate a box to put their Valentines in.  Last year, as a first time mom to a school-aged child, I completely forgot about it and he didn't even do a box.  We were having a really bad year.  So this year, I decided we would do something really fun.  Sam loves Herbie the Love Bug and agreed that would be his theme.  I got all the supplies together and encouraged him to help me.  As it turned out, he was sick this week and never felt like doing much of anything.  So here is the box that I made.  I'm not passing it off as my son's work.  I even told his teacher that I did it and thought I did a great job.  Here is Sam with the box, just before I drove it over to his school so his classmates could fill it with Valentines while he was home sick today.  He is so proud of the 2 heart stickers he put on for tail lights and the one wheel he cut out.




And to go with the Herbie theme, here is his pinewood derby car (3rd place in his den for speed). His dad did this one - we can't have a 7 year old using a saw, spray painting and using graphite, right??  The pink car belongs to my daughter.  She got to race in the sibling race and place 4th out of 26 cars!  At some point, maybe they can make their own cars.






No comments:

Post a Comment